What is The Villages Art League?
The Villages Art League is a club whose objective is to encourage all forms of Fine Arts, and its appreciation throughout the area. It meets the first Monday of every month at Saddlebrook Recreation Center at 9:30 am for a business meeting followed by an artist demonstration.
The Art League is The Villages oldest art club, founded in 1989, and celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2014. The Art League publishes a monthly newsletter, and maintains a comprehensive web site at www.thevillagesartleague.org.
The Art League holds three free weekly workshops where members gather informally to share techniques and artistic camaraderie.
- Thursday, 1 pm – 5 pm, Mulberry Recreation Center
- Saturday, 8:30 am – 11 am Paradise Recreation Center
How do I become a member?
Any Villages resident who works in any fine art media is welcome to become a member. You can join the Art League at any monthly meeting. Just stop by the Membership table in the room. Dues are $15 per year. Click for Membership Form.
How can I exhibit at an Art League art show?
The Art League offers members multiple opportunities throughout the year to exhibit and sell their work:
- The annual Summer Art Festival the second Saturday in July
- The annual Artists Showcase on the last Saturday in October
- A three-month judged exhibit at La Hacienda Recreation Center every September
- A continually changing display of members' art at the Eisenhower Recreation Center
Click for Rules for Art League exhibitors and Application forms.
For a free download for the PDF reader, click here.