What is The Villages Art League?
The Villages Art League is a club whose objective is to encourage all forms of Fine Arts, and its appreciation throughout the area. It meets the first Monday of every month at Saddlebrook Recreation Center at 9:00 am for a business meeting followed by an artist demonstration.
The Art League is The Villages oldest art club, founded in 1989, and celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2014. The Art League publishes a monthly newsletter, and maintains a comprehensive web site at www.thevillagesartleague.org.
The Art League holds three free weekly workshops where members gather informally to share techniques and artistic camaraderie.
- Monday, 9 am -12 pm, Saddlebrook Recreation Center
- Thursday, 1 pm – 5 pm, Mulberry Recreation Center
- Saturday, 8:30 am – 11 am Paradise Recreation Center
How do I become a member?
Any Villages resident who works in any fine art media is welcome to become a member. You can join the Art League at any monthly meeting. Just stop by the Membership table at the back of the room. Dues are $15 per year.
How can I exhibit at an Art League art show?
The Art League offers members multiple opportunities throughout the year to exhibit and sell their work:
- The annual Summer Art Festival the second Saturday in July
- The annual Artists Showcase on the last Saturday in October
- A three-month judged exhibit at La Hacienda Recreation Center every September
- A continually changing display of members' art at the Eisenhower Recreation Center
- Monthly displays at two Citizens First Bank locations
Rules for Art League exhibitors, as well as application forms, are available on The Villages Art League web site.
Updated November 2017
For a free download for the PDF reader, click here.